SERVE OUR CITY
5Rock Ranch is about restoring faith, hope, and love to the fatherless and the floundering through Jesus Christ in community. Their 108-acre ranch is located in the beautiful mountains of Yamhill, about 60 miles southwest of Portland. For more information, contact Scott and Christy Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit 5rockranch.com.
Because People Matter
Because People Matter exists to provide relational environments that help homeless individuals experience love, support, and healing relationships. On the 2nd and 4th Thursday night of each month volunteers cook a meal in the River West kitchen that is served to homeless guests under the Burnside Bridge. For more information, contact Lesley Snider at email@example.com or visit bpmpdx.org.
The campus ministry of Cru exists to help students come to know Jesus, grow in their faith, then go to their families, their communities, and all over the world to tell others about God’s love. For more information, contact Darren Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org or Samantha Holland at email@example.com.
There are many ways to support children in foster care and the families who care for them:
- DHS PARTNERSHIP | Support our partner DHS office with “Welcome Boxes”, staff encouragement, emergency needs, or by becoming an Office Buddy.
For more information, contact Mary Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EMBRACE OREGON | Embrace Oregon connects caring community members with vulnerable children and families in partnership with the Department of Human Services. For more information, email email@example.com or visit embraceoregon.org.
- FOSTER PARENTS’ NIGHT OUT | Help provide regular respite care to foster families. For more information, contact Mary Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WITH LOVE | With Love’s mission is to help foster families change the lives of children ages 0-6 by providing resources that nurture dignity, hope and community. For more information, contact Mariah Hojem at email@example.com or visit withloveoregon.org.
At River West we’re partnering with a growing number of organizations dedicated to alleviating hunger in our city.
- TAKE ACTION INC. | Hundreds of children in our communities do not have an adequate supply of food.to eat. While many students get lunch at school, they often don’t have food on the weekends. Take Action Inc. has created a low-cost efficient way to insure children have weekend nourishment during the school year. For more information contact Janet Huber at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit takeactioninc.org.
LAKE OSWEGO TRANSITIONAL SHELTER MINISTRY
LOTSM operates two apartments right here in our community, providing families transitioning from homelessness the safety and shelter of a temporary home, where they receive the direct support and services needed to return to self-sufficient living. For more information, contact Luke Foster at email@example.com or visit lotsm.org.
Loving Our City
Each week in the foyer you’ll find cards with donation items that our local ministry partners need. Take a card, purchase the item, and drop it off in the metal bin. For more information, contact Lisa Feenstra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.699.2226.
Pioneer Christian Fellowship
PCF is a Religious and Spiritual Life group at Lewis and Clark College that exists to organize fellowship and outreach events, encourage spiritual growth through Bible study, host Christian speakers, and foster awareness and meaningful dialogue. For more information contact John Werst at email@example.com.
Prison Fellowship trains and equips Christian churches and communities to support the restoration of those affected by incarceration. There are many opportunities to get involved, from leading Bible studies to mentoring inmates, both in prison and after their release. For more information, contact Patti Froelich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a number of ways to welcome and reach out to refugees right here in our city:
- BELONG TOGETHER | Our mission is to spiritually invest in the lives of young refugees in the Portland area through mentorship and Bible studies. For more information contact Taylor Smith at email@example.com.
- PAMOJA HOUSE | Pamoja House serves the diverse immigrant community. They specialize in ESL, driver’s education, tutoring, and citizenship classes. For more information contact Karen Filkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Park at email@example.com.
- PDX FRIENDS OF REFUGEES | Come alongside newly-arriving refugees and help them navigate their lives in a new country. In partnership with local churches, PDX Friends of Refugees assists in furnishing apartments, registering children for school, cultural mentoring, teaching ESL, driver’s education, citizenship classes, and more. For more information, contact Bethany Wray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- REFUGEE CARE COLLECTIVE | Refugee Care Collective equips refugees to adapt to life in their first year of entry to the United States in partnership with resettlement agencies, faith groups, businesses, non-profits, and the community. In an effort to make Portland a more welcoming place for incoming refugees, they provide Restart Kits, ESL classes, and family mentoring. For more information, please contact Lisa Feenstra at email@example.com.
For more information on how you can help, click here
Safety Compass helps survivors of sexual exploitation navigate the path to healing and justice. Their mission is to offer support for commercial sexual exploitation and sex-trafficking survivors navigating the criminal and social justice systems in the mid-Willamette Valley of Oregon. For more information visit safetycompass.org, or for general inquiries and volunteer application requests email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young Life, Lake Oswego
Lake Oswego Young Life exists to introduce the students of Lake Oswego to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith. They believe in connecting kids with passionate leaders with the intention of building life-long, Christ-centered relationships. For more information, contact Deni Johnson at email@example.com or visit lakeoswegoyounglife.org.
9am + 11am + 5pm
Tue - Fri | 9am - 5pm
9am + 11am + 5pm
Tue - Fri | 9am - 5pm
Sign up for our weekly email update.