SERVE OUR CITY
5Rock Ranch is about restoring faith, hope, and love to the fatherless and the floundering through Jesus Christ in community. Their 108-acre ranch is located in the beautiful mountains of Yamhill, about 60 miles southwest of Portland. For more information, contact Scott and Christy Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit 5rockranch.com.
Because People Matter
Because People Matter exists to provide relational environments that help homeless individuals experience love, support, and healing relationships. Each Thursday nights volunteers cook a meal in the River West kitchen that is served to homeless guest under the Burnside Bridge. For more information, contact Lesley Snider at email@example.com or visit bridgetowninc.org.
The campus ministry of CRU exists to help students come to know Jesus, grow in their faith, then go to their families, their communities, and all over the world to tell others about God’s love. For more information, contact Darren Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org or Samantha Holland at email@example.com.
There are many ways to support children in foster care and the families who care for them:
- WITH LOVE | Donate or serve at this clothing and consumables boutique for ages 0-5. For more information, contact Krissy Hires at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit withloveoregon.org.
- DHS PARTNERSHIP | For more information, contact Lisa Feenstra at email@example.com.
- FOSTER PARENTS’ NIGHT OUT | Help provide regular respite care to foster families. For more information, contact Donna Drury at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAKE OSWEGO TRANSITIONAL SHELTER MINISTRY
LOTSM operates two apartments right here in our community, providing families transitioning from homelessness the safety and shelter of a temporary home, where they receive the direct support and services needed to return to self-sufficiency. For more information, contact Luke Foster at email@example.com or visit lotsm.org.
Lake Oswego Young Life
Lake Oswego Young Life exists to introduce the students of Lake Oswego to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith. They believe in connecting kids with passionate leaders with the intention of building life-long, Christ-centered relationships. For more information, contact Caitlin Stowe (High School) at firstname.lastname@example.org, Chris Oelrich (Junior High) at email@example.com, or Deni Johnson (Area Administrator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loving Our City
Each week in the foyer you’ll find cards with donation items that our local ministry partners need. Take a card, purchase the item, and drop it off in the metal bin. For more information, contact Lisa Feenstra at email@example.com or 503.699.2226.
Prison Fellowship rains and equips Christian churches and communities to support the restoration of those affected by incarceration. There are many opportunities to get involved, from leading Bible studies to mentoring inmates, both in prison and after their release. For more information, contact Corina Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a number of ways to welcome and reach out to refugees right here in our city:
- PDX FRIENDS OF REFUGEES | Come alongside newly-arriving refugees and help them navigate their lives in a new country. In partnership with local churches, PDX Friends of Refugees assists in furnishing apartments, registering children for school, cultural mentoring, teaching ESL, driver’s education, citizenship classes, and more. For more information, contact Bethany Wray at email@example.com.
- REFUGEE CARE COLLECTIVE | Refugee Care Collective equips refugees to adapt to life in their first year of entry to the United States in partnership with resettlement agencies, faith groups, businesses, non-profits, and the community. In an effort to make Portland a more welcoming place for incoming refugees, they provide Restart Kits, ESL classes, and family mentoring. For more information, please contact Lisa Feenstra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on how you can help, click here
At River West, we are constantly seeking new opportunities to bless and serve others in our church, city, and world. The new Serve Forum will be regularly updated with opportunities to invest your time, talents, connections, and resources in Christ’s kingdom. Click here to get started.
9am + 11am + 5:30pm
Tue - Fri | 9am - 5pm
Sign up for our weekly email update.