We are incredibly excited to reopen our sanctuary for in-person gatherings! Our hope is that the preparation and prayer that has been put towards gathering in our space again would allow as many of us as possible to come together to worship Jesus. This page will give you everything you need to know about how to RSVP and what you can expect when you come to an in-person service.
Click here to make your reservation for attending an in-person service. Reservations are open for each following Sunday on Wednesday at 12pm.
Sunday Morning Worship
Our Sunday morning services will be just under an hour and very much like they were before the pandemic: we will worship through song, receive a dynamic teaching from Scripture, and celebrate communion.
8:30 + 10 + 11:30Am
Sunday Evening Family Worship
We’re excited to offer a Sunday evening service geared toward families that will engage kids of all ages as well as their parents. Imagine a service with family-friendly worship, games, teaching, and a VBS flair.
The truth is that at River West, we naturally have a wide variety of convictions present among us in regards to the pandemic, COVID-19 itself, and measures taken by our state government on how to deal with it. Picture a spectrum: on one end are those who are not overly concerned about the virus and are therefore frustrated by the restrictions the governor has put in place. Those who fall on this end of the spectrum would be comfortable stepping into an auditorium full of worshipers without the mandated restrictions such as masks, increased sanitization, etc. On the other end of the spectrum are those who are very concerned about the virus and believe the church should strictly adhere to every mandate given by the governor. Some may decide to not gather in person until there is a vaccine and the mandates are removed. Many, of course, fall somewhere in the middle. Because of the polarizing nature of how to handle COVID-19 and restarting in-person services, it is all the more important for the Church to be intentional about “maintaining our unity in the Spirit.” We must extend grace and love to one another as we seek to come together in this season, united as one in Christ; our very witness depends upon this! Finally, we ask you to trust that the leadership of River West is doing everything possible to safely and wisely create space for the church to gather and worship together.
Health + Safety Measures
As we reopen our building for worship services our desire is that our facilities would be a safe and healthy environment for you and your family. Out of care for all those attending River West services, as well as those in our greater community, we have implemented the following measures:
- We will clean and disinfect the pertinent spaces in our building before and after services.
- Our sanctuary HVAC system was upgraded earlier in 2020, and so attention is given to air circulation and ventilation, fans running, and good filter usage and replacement.
- Seating will be physically distanced, and the number of attendees will be reduced considerably.
- Face coverings are required for anyone 5 years of age and older from when you enter the building until you exit.
- In order to attend a service, reservations are required in advance. Contact information will be retained for any potential contact tracing purposes.
- We ask that all children attend services with their parents, as we will not have kids ministry available at this time.
- Items like Bibles and offering baskets will not be passed between people.
- Individual prepackaged communion packets are available for pickup upon entering the sanctuary.
- Beverages, such as coffee and tea will not be available at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will you be taking temperature checks upon entry?
Q: How do I give an offering in person?
A: Feel free to drop your offering gift into the boxes mounted to the wall as you exit the sanctuary. You can also give online here.
Q: How will we take communion if we are wearing masks?
A: We will lower our face coverings while participating.
Sign up for our weekly email update.