CINNAMON ROLL RECIPE
1/2 Sweet Dough (see recipe below)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup dark seedless raisins
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Sugar Glaze (below, optional)
1. Prepare Sweet Dough (see below). Grease well 13″ by 9″ baking pan. In small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, raisins and cinnamon; set aside. Roll dough into 18″ by 12″ rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
2. Starting at an 18-inch side, roll dough jelly-roll fashion. Pinch seam to seal. With roll seam side down, cut dough crosswise into 15 slices; place in pan, cut side down. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Spread with glaze. To serve: Pull apart with forks.
SUGAR GLAZE: In small bowl, stir 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and about 3 tablespoons water until smooth.
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 packages active dry yeast
8 to 9 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 cup butter or margarine
1. In large bowl, combine sugar, salt, yeast and 2 cups flour. In 2-quart saucepan over low heat, slowly heat milk and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F.) (Butter does not need to melt.) With mixer at low speed, gradually beat liquid into dry ingredients. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes more, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
2. Beat in eggs and 2 cups flour; continue beating 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl.
3. With spoon, stir in enough additional flour (about 4 1/4 cups) to make a soft dough.
4 Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Shape into a ball.
5. Turn over in greased large bowl to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place until dough is doubled, about 1 hour.
6 Punch down dough. On lightly floured surface, divide into pieces as recipe directs. Cover; let rest 15 minutes.